Arriving home with several bags of groceries and dying for a cup of tea, you reach into your back pocket for your keys. They are not there, so you check your other pocket which doesn’t have them either. Heart skipping a beat, you put down all the grocery bags and begin searching frantically through your remaining pockets, your purse and even the bags themselves. After going through them a few times each you are finally ready to admit that somehow you have managed to lose your keys.
You take a deep breath and try to focus on what your next move should be. The kids will be home shortly, very hungry and with lots of home work to do. The dogs are barking their heads off because they know you are at the front door and that it is time for them to go out. You kick the front door in frustration causing the dogs to increase their already loud barking.
We understand how you feel and therefore provide the most prompt service we are capable of giving you. Our professional locksmiths cover all areas in Perth and will significantly reduce your stress and frustration associated with losing your keys or locking yourself out.
Losing your house keys is not the only way that they might go missing. There has been a significant increase in the amount of keys that are being stolen directly from people’s properties. Thieves have very simple but effective ways of getting your keys, such as pushing long hooks through letterboxes and pulling them out. If this happens to you, make sure you change your lock immediately and never leave your keys in the same place again. Thieves very often strike at the same house more than once.
In addition to protecting your house in the case of losing your keys, you will need to do the same for your car and change the locks as soon as you can. Here are a few things that should be done if you discover that your car keys are missing.
- Park your car away from your home or office, where it won’t be immediately obvious that it is yours and
- Use a wheel clamp or steering wheel lock until the locks have been changed.
- Call the police immediately and make a report with all the details that you can possibly remember. This will come in very handy if an insurance claim needs to be made.
Protecting your Keys
Taking simple precautions can really make a big difference in how secure your keys are. It is always best to be safe rather than sorry, regardless of how unnecessary the precautions might seem. Here are some ways to minimise your risk of having them stolen:
- Keep your house and car keys on separate key rings. Just in case a thief gets their hands on one, they won’t have access to everything that you own.
- Hide your spare keys at home or leave them with a trusted neighbour or friend. Having them out in the open is unnecessary and makes them an easy target for thieves roaming the area. Leaving the keys under a doormat or under a rock by the door is the worst thing to do because these are the first places that a burglar will check.
- Never leave your purse or briefcase unattended regardless of where you are, because thieves will strike anywhere and at any time. Wherever possible keep your keys on your person.
Contact us as soon as you have discovered that you have lost your keys so that we can make your car safe again, by changing your locks and cutting you a new one. Our locksmiths are always ready to be of assistance. We are skilled in all types of lock and key repairs and replacements.
In addition to our mobile vans, we have a fully equipped workshop where you can bring your locks and keys to us. Give us a call today for more information on the wide variety of services we offer including home safes repair and servicing.